Fw: udev rules network

Hi,

Short:
Is there a way to regenerate the /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules file based on the current
situation?

Long:
Had a motherbord swap in a server and afterwards some of the eth* devices pointed to the wrong
interface. Of cource, the old NICs on the mainboard had been replaced by new NICs.
Deleting the /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules helped me get the server back up and running.

If I recall correctly the udev rules are there to make sure the same device name is used for the
same hardware during hardware changes and I can still see the advantage in case I need to add more
network ports by adding another network card. The udev rules would then make sure the new ports come
after the currect eth0, .., eth5.
Is there a way to recreate a /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules file based on the current
situation?

Bonno Bloksma