Re: /home/user folder accidentally removed

On Sat, Sep 04, 2010 at 03:16:42AM -0700, Fatih Tiryakioglu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wanted to remove trash folder, but home folder/home/user is gone. There was only one user. I couldn't start any program. When I restarted computer, I couldn't login. How can I recover system. Please help..

As someone else said, don't perform any more writes to the disk.

Boot with a live CD, such as Debian Live, Knoppix, or Ubuntu.  apt-get
install testdisk.  Then run a program called "photorec".  This may be
able to find any important files that you deleted.

Do some reading of the man pages for photorec before attempting to use
it.  It's not overly complicated, but if it's very important that you
get your files back you'll want to know what you're doing.

-Rob