Re: Upgrade From 5.02 To 5.05

Greg Heilers wrote:
> James Zuelow wrote:
> > apt-cdrom add
> > apt-get upgrade

I think you also want to

  apt-get update

in there to update the package index lists.

> When I try 'apt-get upgrade' - after listing all of the packages to
> be upgraded, the output continues as follows:
>
> 342 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
> Need to get 36.0MB/676MB of archives.
> After this operation, 11.4MB of additional disk space will be used.
> Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Y
>
> WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
>   sun-java6-bin sun-java6-jre
> Install these packages without verification [y/N]? N
> E: Some packages could not be authenticated

This appears to me that you are missing

  $ cat /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/00trustcdrom
  APT::Authentication::TrustCDROM "true";

which instructs apt to trust the cdrom.  This assumes that
sun-java6-bin and sun-java6-jre are on the cdrom and it is not
trusted.

Running 'apt-get update', if that is the problem, might solve some of
these issues.  I would definitely try that first before doing anything
else.

Bob