Re: install lenny from iso

On Thu, 2010-09-02 at 16:53 -0400, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Thu September 2 2010, tom wrote:
> > Hey, you folks are marvelous.  Managed to get a lenny i386 netinst.iso
> > loaded on my Dell desktop that has a master/slave drives setup.  I used
> > the guided with LVM option.  Not sure what LVM is all about, but figured
> > better to have it, than not.  The screen display is too small for this
> > old codger's failing eyesight.  If I need the print to be larger, what's
> > the selection I look for to change that?
>
> Hello Tom, I can relate to your problem:)
> there are system things you can change, and if you are in a browser, hitting
> ctrl"+" (crontrol-shift-"+" sign key wil enlarge the text in your browser.
> for system stuff, go to the gnome start- system-Preferences menu, and select
> the appearance tab. there is a FONT tab where you can enlarge all the system
> fonts..

Paul:  Thanks.  Worked like a charm.  I tried to install Skype, and got
this.  Any suggestions on how to make dpkg find the path?
 dpkg -i skype-debian_2.0.0.72-1_i386.deb
dpkg: `ldconfig' not found on PATH.
dpkg: `start-stop-daemon' not found on PATH.
dpkg: `install-info' not found on PATH.
dpkg: `update-rc.d' not found on PATH.
dpkg: 4 expected program(s) not found on PATH.
NB: root's PATH should usually contain /usr/local/sbin, /usr/sbin
and /sbin.
root@freedom:~# echo $PATH
/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/games
root@freedom:~#