Re: Looking for a free SMTP service that does not filter outgoing messages

On Du, 29 aug 10, 17:00:08, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> Rob Owens put forth on 8/29/2010 3:50 PM:
> > On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 10:05:26AM +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> >>
> >> Beside from setting up my own mail server (not the first thing on my
> >> TODO list) do you know of any free mail service that doesn't filter
> >
> > I *think* www.dyndns.com has something like this.  I haven't looked at
> > it in a while, so I might be wrong.

I already use DynDNS (even though I currently have a static IP), but
this would imply setting up my own mailserver. As said, not high
priority right now, but thanks anyway for the suggestion.

> If the OP would use option #1 or #2 at the link above, instead of using
> #3, he'd have no problem--except having to log into the archive, find
> the message, and then hit the "report as spam" button, or run a perl
> script in his MUA, which may not support running such a perl script.
>
> Which is the lesser of all the evils?  #1 seems like a no-brainer, the
> least effort/PITA factor involved.

Except it won't work with most spam, because the archive link is not
added (I can't find the bug number right now, but see the "Have you
ever..." message for an example).

I'll use GMX for a while, because it's easiest to integrate in my setup,
(the postfix part is already there, only mutt needs some work), but #2
could be an option as well, if it doesn't hit #402411 or #456320

Regards,
Andrei