Re: Since I've installed esound, no more sound from music, videos, etc., but I can now hear system's sounds!

El Sun, 29 Aug 2010 17:01:08 +0200, Merciadri Luca escribió:

> Some days ago, I figured out (thanks to the ML) how to hear systems'
> sounds. I had to install esound, and I was using OSS. Now, System >
> Preferences > Sounds > Sounds tab plays correctly the sounds, but I
> can't hear any other type of sound (i.e. from music played with totem,
> VLC, videos on Youtube, etc.). The `Devices' tab gives, for, `Default
> Mixer Tracks,' `ALSA' as a default. I changed it to OSS, and still no
> sound from videos (even after GNOME session restart).

Works fine here.

Sounds preferences are set to "Autodetect" for events sounds, music and
videos and sound conferences.

> Should I deinstall esound? What can I do to hear music again? I checked
> the volume control panel, and everything is okay (no `mute', etc., and
> volumes are sufficiently high).

Create a new user and login to check if it is working from there.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón