Since I've installed esound, no more sound from music, videos, etc., but I can now hear system's sounds!

Hi,

Some days ago, I figured out (thanks to the ML) how to hear systems'
sounds. I had to install esound, and I was using OSS. Now, System >
Preferences > Sounds > Sounds tab plays correctly the sounds, but I
can't hear any other type of sound (i.e. from music played with totem,
VLC, videos on Youtube, etc.). The `Devices' tab gives, for, `Default
Mixer Tracks,' `ALSA' as a default. I changed it to OSS, and still no
sound from videos (even after GNOME session restart).

Should I deinstall esound? What can I do to hear music again? I checked
the volume control panel, and everything is okay (no `mute', etc., and
volumes are sufficiently high).

Thanks all.

--
Merciadri Luca