Re: What is Recommend CLI Package Manager Tool for Newb?

On 08/27/2010 02:24 PM, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
In<[🔎] 1282920166.29761.13.camel@huevos>, Chance Platt wrote:
I say pick one and stick to it.  Apt and aptitude are close to parity
feature-wise anymore (I'm sure others will disagree and it depends on
how you define "features") and there's some disagreement if aptitude
really is the better choice even for dist-upgrades.

Does apt-get have an interactive (dependency/conflict) resolver?

Sure.

                                                                 I find that
is a requirement for smooth upgrades on my mixed
stable/backports/testing/unstable/experimental system.

<Shudder>

I'd stick with what you currently use, since it "knows" your current setup.

--
Seek truth from facts.