Re: Do apt-get and aptitude know each other's records

On 26 Aug 2010, T o n g wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 22:21:02 +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:
>
> > Old information may not be valiad for new apt-get :-)
> >
> > You may see change in release note:
> >  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=411280
>
> On reading above, I think it is time for me to do away with aptitude and
> use back to my apt-get again, since I've been using aptitude's CLI
> interface all the time.

Have a look at wajig, which makes it easy to use apt-get without having
to remember when to use dpkg, apt-get, or apt-cache. I did away with
aptitude several years ago when it it removed half my packages for its
own reasons. I've used wajig ever since.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk