Do apt-get and aptitude know each other's records

On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 22:21:02 +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:

> Old information may not be valiad for new apt-get :-)
>
> You may see change in release note:
>  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=411280

On reading above, I think it is time for me to do away with aptitude and
use back to my apt-get again, since I've been using aptitude's CLI
interface all the time. But one more question before I jump ahead,

I used to use either apt-get or aptitude to install packages, mostly
aptitude. Do apt-get and aptitude keeps track of packages status (which
are manual installed and which are automatic dependencies) at the same
place or their have their own inventory. If latter, how would I build up
my aptitude dependencies info to apt-get?

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/