Re: SERPENT implementation in debian

On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 22:51:19 +0200 Christoph Anton Mitterer
<calestyo@scientia.net> wrote:
> Is there a implementation of SERPENT (for file encryption, not
> disk) in Debian, except mcrypt (which is buggy and orphaned
> according to its package description)?
>
> I mean a finished tool, not just a library.

I presume you mean the cipher by Anderson, Biham and Knudsen.

I'm unaware of one, but I think it is a fairly bad move to use
algorithms other than standard ones. Unless you have very good reason
to use something eperimental, I would stick to AES.

--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@piermont.com