Re: Broken deps?

On 25 Aug 2010, B. Alexander wrote:
>    I went to upgrade a sid box today and found that libapt-pkg-libc6.0-6-4.8
>    appears to be broken. I got a number of messages saying:
>
>    Depends: libapt-pkg-libc6.9-6-4.8 which is a virtual package.
>
>    Which means aptitude wants to remove things like apt-file,
>    apt-listchanges, aptitude, etc. With things being in flux with the freeze,
>    is this just a temporary issue which will be fixed soon? Should I wait for
>    a day or two (its been a couple already) or should I start holding
>    packages?
>
>    --b

I was caught by this yesterday when I failed to spot that wajig and
apt-listbugs were going to  be removed. I even contemplated installing
aptitude but that isn't possible either. But, as others here have said,
it will probably be fixed in a few days.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk