Re: Mailing list protocol

Gary Roach writes:
> If I reply to <debian-user@lists.debian.org> , how does my reply get
> included with the correct snippets of other messages. Or is this my
> responsibility to cut and paste relevent sections.

It's up to you.  decent MUAs provide help with quoting but you must edit
down included text.

> I still need to know whether my reply goes on the top or bottom of the
> text.

You should respond below each snippet that you are replying to.  You
should not include any more context than necessary.  Quoting an entire
screen-filling message unedited and replying below it will get you
ignored.
--
John Hasler