Re: 2.6.34 Will Not Boot

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 12:24:15 -0400 (EDT), Tom H wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 5:58 AM,  <d_baron@012.net.il> wrote:
>>
>> I made changes recommended by replies to my original message since I have no
>> idea what the drive's /dev files will be called on the new system. Low and
>> behold, I get the error on booting both older 2.6.32 and new 2.6.34 kernels!
>> It starts to boot up just fine but then panics at the root device which it
>> cannot find.
>>
>> Since my knoppix disc does not have lvm, I cannot fix it. No Debian right
>> now :-(
>>
>> What can I do? (Writing this from the old knoppix 3.4 from a web-mail
>> interface.)
>
> You should be able to install lvm on Knoppix. If you can't and have
> access to the net, you can download a Debian/Fedora/Ubuntu live cd,
> install lvm, and mount your LVs.

David, I forgot about the fact that you are using LVMs.  I don't use LVMs
myself; so I only mentioned the system files that pertain to using native
partitions.  If you are using LVMs, there are probably other files that
need to be edited too.  I'm afraid I can't offer much help there, since
I have no experience with it.  Someone with some knowledge of LVMs will
need to assist you with what to edit where.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :