Re: gdm crashes unexpectedly every now and then

Camaleon --

As far as I can recall, the crashes always occur some seconds after I wake the monitor from sleep, and usually I am downloading a web page in ice weasel (not too surprising, since I usually wake the monitor and check traffic reports first thing in the morning).  I've never had a problem during login or immediately after login.  I don't use any fancy desktop effects, though I do have a nice wallpaper of a garden photo.  My screensaver is a blank screen.

I've posted the relevant syslog at http://pastebin.com/KeACjyEC, and my .xsession-errors at http://pastebin.com/YTrehGMt .  I note that both my web browsers (ice weasel and sea monkey)  produce a lot of warnings of the form:

(firefox-bin:2532): Gdk-WARNING **: XID collision, trouble ahead

Could that be related at all?

Shall I go ahead and file a ticket with Debian?

Thanks for all your help with this!

-PT