Re: Cups+gutenprint color balance shot.

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 10:12:30 -0700, Gary Roach wrote:

> I have been doing all of my color printing on my Win2K system directly
> attached to an Epson stylus photo RX680 printer. All is well. I just
> installed a new computer on my office network that runs on linux. I am
> using Samba and Cups+gutenprint v5.2.5 with the Win2K/Epson printer as
> my network printer. For text printing everything works fine. I decided
> to shift my color work to the new computer (at least 10x faster than any
> other computer on the net) and was shocked when I printed a NFTA label
> (those diamond shaped labels you see on hazardous material containers)
> when the red came out peach and the blue came out purple. The same file
> printed on the Win2K system is fine. All linux systems are running the
> latest Squeeze software and kernel 2.6.32-trunk-686 #1 SMP Sun Jan 10
> 06:32:16 UTC 2010.

(...)

Remember that Epson printers/all-in-one devices can also use Avasys¹
drivers (and there is still one more option, Turboprint², but you need to
buy a licence for it and has a reduced support for printers brand and
models).

Maybe Avasys drivers gives you a better print quality, but cannot confirm
this point because I've never used that drivers before.

¹ http://www.avasys.jp/lx-bin2/linux_e/spc/DL1.do
² http://www.turboprint.info/

Greetings,

--