Re: weird kmail double-messages

On 08/19/2010 08:35 AM, Paul Cartwright wrote:
On Thu August 19 2010, Ron Johnson wrote:
So you have your email in two different places?

yes!

That defeats the purpose of IMAP.

The emails should live on an IMAP server in your primary machine and
then you access them using IMAP from your secondary machine
(possibly using Offline IMAP if it's disconnected for long periods).

the few times I tried to set that up, it totally stopped my mail from getting
to me, so I changed to fetchmail to my primary box. JUST TEMPORARILY I am
using my laptop more, because I've got a banged-up foot&  spending my day on
my sofa, with my foot propped up. SO, I changed my email on 2 accounts ( the
ones with LIST traffic) so I could get them also on my laptop. I STILL want
them on my desktop..
you are probably right, and if I could do it that way, I might try. Every time
I try to install an IMAP server, and change that 1 line from /var/mail
to /home/user/MAILDIR my wife doesn't get her mail coming in.

"That line"?

I've got a fetchmail->postfix->maildrop->imap thing going. Works for all 3 of us.

Each user has ~/.fetchmailrc and ~/.mailfilter files, and this is in /etc/postfix/main.cf:
    home_mailbox = Maildir/

It works for one person and thus works for all.

--
Seek truth from facts.