Re: weird kmail double-messages

On Thu August 19 2010, Ron Johnson wrote:
> >> So you have your email in two different places?
> >
> > yes!
>
> That defeats the purpose of IMAP.
>
> The emails should live on an IMAP server in your primary machine and
> then you access them using IMAP from your secondary machine
> (possibly using Offline IMAP if it's disconnected for long periods).

the few times I tried to set that up, it totally stopped my mail from getting
to me, so I changed to fetchmail to my primary box. JUST TEMPORARILY I am
using my laptop more, because I've got a banged-up foot & spending my day on
my sofa, with my foot propped up. SO, I changed my email on 2 accounts ( the
ones with LIST traffic) so I could get them also on my laptop. I STILL want
them on my desktop..
you are probably right, and if I could do it that way, I might try. Every time
I try to install an IMAP server, and change that 1 line from /var/mail
to /home/user/MAILDIR my wife doesn't get her mail coming in.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800