Re: Auto enabling swap at boot up

T o n g wrote:
> I remember a distro can automatically pick up the swap partition without
> me specifying it in fstab file. So it is not Debain that do it
> automatically, right?

Are you thinking of dphys-swapfile?

  apt-cache show dphys-swapfile

   This init.d script exists so one does not need to have a fixed size
   swap partition. Instead install without swap partition and then run
   this, with file size (re-)computed automatically to fit the current
   RAM size.
  Homepage: http://neil.franklin.ch/Projects/dphys-swapfile/

It isn't right for everyone but sounds like what you are asking about.

Bob