Re: squeeze debootstrap error

On 2010-08-16 13:52 +0200, Oleg wrote:

> I have squeeze with last upgrades. When I do a debootstrap I get an error:
>
> ~# debootstrap squeeze /mnt/ http://ftp.debian.org

To which machine does ftp.debian.org actually resolve for you?  Use ping
to find out.

> I: Retrieving Release
> I: Validating Packages
> I: Resolving dependencies of required packages...
> I: Resolving dependencies of base packages...
> I: Found additional required dependencies: insserv libbz2-1.0 libdb4.8
> I: Found additional base dependencies: libnfnetlink0 libsqlite3-0 libudev0
> I: Checking component main on http://ftp.debian.org...
> I: Retrieving libacl1
> W: Couldn't download package libacl1

This is actually a rather fatal error.  Is it reproducible?

> I: Retrieving adduser
> I: Validating adduser
>
>   ... cut ...
>
> I: Extracting zlib1g...
> I: Installing core packages...
> W: Failure trying to run: chroot /mnt dpkg --force-depends --install /var/cache/apt/archives/base-files_5.9_i386.deb /var/cache/apt/archives/base-passwd_3.5.22_i386.deb

This is a consequence of the missing libacl1, because /bin/cp is linked
against it, and the base-* packages use cp in their postinst scripts.

>   Does anyone have such error?

Probably not.

>   Should I file a bug report?

Only if the problem is reproducible and if you can identify the actual
mirror (I think GeoIP is used for ftp.debian.org these days, so it
should be one near you).

Sven