Re: trinity & konqueror

On Sun, 2010-08-15 at 23:00 -0700, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
> Paul Cartwright wrote:
> > well, I have the trinity session working fine, but now konqueror doesn't work
> > for my gnome session or my wifes regular KDE session ( she never logged out
> > after I installed trinity).
> >
> > when i ran konqueror from the terminal I got this error:
> >
> > QComboBox::pixmap: (history combo) Index 0 out of range
> >
> > MC works as does nautilus, but konqueror is now crashing.. for me in gnome..
>

> Hi Paul, I can only sympathize with you, I can't get a lot of
> applications to start from the menu, like kuser and synaptic or most
> anything I need to run as root.
>
> I had a strong feeling there would be problems, at this time there are
> no updates for the Ubuntu version which is working without problems and
> no updates for the lenny version, so I can only guess that they are
> trying to fix some bugs, I'm sure this is going to be a work in progress
> for a longtime, I can only hope it will be as good as the Ubuntu version.
>
> If you need something to use right now you should install the Ubuntu
> 10.04 version. I have more than 10 Operating Systems on this computer
> and only work on the Lenny-Trinity install when I want to.
<snip>
Strange . . .I've been running it for about a month without those
problems. I do have a few small issues - a dbus error from Beagle
search, some tabs don't work properly in Konqueror as a web browser but
everything fires from the menu just fine.  Of course, in our systems,
there is no root access so I have not tested running anything from the
menu like synaptic - John