Re: building 2.6.35

On Sun, Aug 15 2010, Stephen Powell wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 13:53:41 -0400 (EDT), Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>>
>> With the new versions of kernel-package in Squeeze, running
>> make-kpkg clean should almost never be required (if the upstream
>> Makefiles are not borked, as they rarely are).  The new make-kpkg
>> starts by removing and re-creating ./debian almost always, so the
>> explicit clean is redundant.
>
> That would imply that things like --append-to-version and --revision
> must be specified on every invocation, correct?  One cannot, for example,
> specify --append-to-version and --revision with the kernel_image
> target and then leave them off with a subsequent invocation for the
> modules_image target.

        Yes, that is one unfortunate consequence of the change. However,
 I just hit up arrow,  since I usually build my kernel and modules
 pretty much at the same time, so it is usually not that onerous (I also
 use a shell script that uses the same VERSION AND REVISION VALUES,
 WHICH MAKES IT EVEN LESS OF AN HEADACHE)

        MANOJ
--
Either I'm dead or my watch has stopped. Groucho Marx's last words
4096R/C5779A1C E37E 5EC5 2A01 DA25 AD20  05B6 CF48 9438 C577 9A1C