Re: building 2.6.35

On Sat, Aug 14 2010, Stephen Powell wrote:

> Oops!  I forgot to show the "make-kpkg clean" step after "make
> menuconfig".  I'm not sure if this is still needed anymore, but it's
> good practice.  In real life, I did issue it; but when I composed the
> e-mail, I forgot to document it.

        With the new versions of kernel-package in Squeeze, running
 make-kpkg clean should almost never be required (if the upstream
 Makefiles are not borked, as they rarely are).  The new make-kpkg
 starts by removing and re-creating ./debian almost always, so the
 explicit clean is redundant.

        manoj
--
A kid'll eat the middle of an Oreo, eventually.
4096R/C5779A1C E37E 5EC5 2A01 DA25 AD20  05B6 CF48 9438 C577 9A1C