Re: Bootable Flag: toggle problem with squeeze

brownh wrote:
I'm doing a fresh install of squeeze from USB key on a disk that had a
unused copy of lenny on it.
Ran into a problem when manually partitioning the disk. The first
partition I went to create was a /boot primary partition, but I found
that the partitioning utility wouldn't toggle its bootable status. I
see that at one point this was a bug, but my impression is that it was
fixed.
I gather a solution is to make the /boot partition bootable by running
cfdisk on it. I do Alt-F2 to get ~#, but find that cfdisk it is not an
available command. So how can I run cfdisk on the disk before the
installation finishes and there's a reboot?

Haines Brown

You only put a boot flag on the first partition where the MBR/grub goes.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Ubuntu Lucid and Trinity KDE 3.5.11 - EXT4 at sda10
Registered Linux User #380263