Transmitting a webcam's flux to the Internet: how?

Hi,

Many cities/special places, etc., have `live' webcams which allow
Internet users to see these places `live.' This is often achieved thanks
to hosting websites, etc. I'm here asking myself how I could, from a
device (not necessarily a traditional computer), send the webcam flux to
the Internet.

Say that I can capture the flux, in a given format, this flux being
constituted by one image taken every x second(s) (where x << -> fluidity
>>). Then, how could I transmit it to the Internet? How do live webcam
generally work? I did not find anything on the Internet about this. If
one finds a pointer, I'm okay to read more.

Thanks.

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.