Re: konqueror crashing

On Sun August 15 2010, Camaleón wrote:
> >> Did you try to follow the suggested steps?
> >
> > well, no, dcopserver has been running since:
> > pbc       9203     1  0
> > Jun29 ?        00:00:55 dcopserver [kdeinit] --nosid --suicide
> >

> > do I have to log out & back in? restart it? how?
>
> Just delete the mentioned file and restart dcopserver to see if you get
> any improvement. How to restart it? Restarting the computer is the safest
> method.
>
> Greetings,

thankfully I didn't have to restart the computer:
$ uptime
 14:35:35 up 47 days, 10:29,  4 users,  load average: 1.01, 0.64, 0.54

all it took was deleting that file (ok, I moved it)
mv .DCOPserver_paulandcilla.homelinux.org__0 .DCOPserver_paulandcilla.homelinux.org__0.orig

and ran konqueror and it worked.
 I had first logged in the guest account using gnome and it also worked, so
recreating/deleting that file was the answer.
learned something new! I hate "just reboot", I'd rather learn WHY..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800