Re: wicd refuses to start

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 12:32:52 +0300
Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> What Desktop Environment are you using?

Xfce, with its xfce4-notifyd. I just went through the bug report
and disabling notification in wicd seems to do the trick. As a
work-around, this is fine with me.

> > I'm using wicd 1.7.0 on an outdated Debian squeeze.
>
> I guess you mean updated ;)

No, I actually meant very outdated. I have ~1300 upstream upgrades
available, enough to consider moving to Xubuntu. :) I think I'm
losing interest in a rolling distro (having previously been on Gentoo):
in many cases I'm simply building from source the packages that I need
to be recent, and that list is relatively small.

Regards
Liviu