Re: xulrunner stops upgrade

Ken Heard wrote:

I have iceweasel 3.5.10-1~bpo50-1 installed from lenny-backports.  Among
other packages it depends on xulrunner 1.9.1, also installed from
lenny-backports when I installed that version of iceweasel.

When recently I ran aptitude update I discovered that the version of
xulrunner was to be upgraded from 1.9.1.10-1 to 1.9.1.11-1.  When
however I ran aptitude upgrade the following message appeared:

<snip>

I also have that IW installed from lenny-backports and I also upgraded but I did not use aptitude, I did
'apt-get -t lenny-backports iceweasel'
and "it" upgraded IW and all the dependencies:

ii  xulrunner-1.9.1 1.9.1.11-1~bpo50+1 XUL + XPCOM application runner

I admit I always use apt-get, aptitude just has too many notes, take away a few and it will be perfect ;-)

Hugo