OTT: OpenFiler vs Thecus N4200?

Hi There,

Sorry if this is a bit 'Off The Topic' discussion. I am planning to get
fileserver dedicated for iSCSI.

My option is to grab Thecus N4200 or to build OpenFiler with any Duo-Core CPU,
>1G RAM, RocketRAID 644 controller, and other basic PC stuff.

I have been googling to compare OpenFiler vs FreeNAS (winner for me: OpenFiler)
and cheap iSCSI capable barebone NAS from Thecus vs QNAP (winner: Thecus N4200)

When it come to comparing between OpenFiler vs Thecus N4200, I can not get any
goodies from google. I used OpenFiler for a bit, creating 2 or 3 iSCSI target,
share folder, but only for short time, just for a fun.

My concern:
- HDD realibility check (live error check, reporting when one of the HDD
faulty/bad sector/etc)
- RAID/iSCSI re-sizing when I add another HDD
- Easy to maintain

So, if anyone expert can give me a light, would be much appreciated. For a
started, I will only go with 3x2TB HDD for either option, to be RAID-ed as RAID5

Deeply Thanking you in advance,

Phillipus