Re: Trinity KDE 3.5.11 was Re: How to use two displaies

John A. Sullivan III wrote:

Sure - here is a note from Tim Pearson:

Trinity is already compiled for Debian Lenny, so why not give it a
shot? ;-)  Here is the package list with buildlogs/status/etc.:
https://quickbuild.pearsoncomputing.net/~trinity/+archive/trinity

If you want to use the repository, just add these lines to your
sources.list file:
deb
http://ppa.quickbuild.pearsoncomputing.net/trinity/trinity-builddeps/ubuntu lenny main deb-src http://ppa.quickbuild.pearsoncomputing.net/trinity/trinity-builddeps/ubuntu lenny main deb http://ppa.quickbuild.pearsoncomputing.net/trinity/trinity/ubuntu lenny main deb-src
http://ppa.quickbuild.pearsoncomputing.net/trinity/trinity/ubuntu lenny
main

I believe the repositories are currently down while he awaits the last
of the replacements for the fired power conditioning system.

It does honor any KDEDIRS and XDG_DATA_DIRS settings for users operating
in Kiosk mode like we are.

Another note from Tim:
If you install KDE3 and Trinity side-by-side, remember to select Trinity
from the Sessions menu in KDM before logging in, otherwise you will get
a stock KDE3 session.

For those not using KDM (e.g., we do not in our X2Go environment-
another great project - http://www.x2go.org), simply point
at /opt/trinity/bin/startkde instead of /usr/bin/startkde  The start
script will handle the rest.

To enable side by side installations, Trinity stores everything
in /opt/trinity.  It also stores user configuration in ~/.trinity
instead of ~/.kde so, if you want to maintain your configuration, you
will need to copy the .kde contents into .trinity.

In my case, I had to do an apt-get -f in order to properly pull in the
builddeps - I believe the various kdelibs packages. That could be
because of our someone unusual vserver/x2go environment.

Hope this helps and, again, Tim seems to be putting in countless hours
and lots of personal funds to do this and can use all the good help he
can get (I assume) - John

Except for http://www.x2go.org I'm getting 404 on all the trinity links. :-(
--
Jimmy Johnson