Re: failing to mount usb flash drives

* On 2010 02 Aug 10:23 -0500, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running Lenny, and I have no problem mounting my WD external harddrive,
> and using my ASUS USB-N13 wireless NIC.
>
> Still, when I put a couple of my flash drives into a usb slot, very little
> happens.

I've been seeing something similar over the past couple of months on my
Sid box.  I also found that issuing the `lsusb' command seems to "wake
up" the system in some way and KDE's Device Notifier will become active
and I can mount the flash drive.  I've also noticed that I need to do
the same for a USB-serial converter to be recognized.  Hoever, any
devices plugged in upon system start are recognized.

- Nate >>