Re: Software to handle bits and pieces of information.

Gary Roach <gary719_list1@verizon.net> wrote:
> of scheduling things, projects and short term notes. I still am not
> sure what to do about those notes that could be around for a long
> time like maybe  a note on the "proton boron fusion reaction energy"
> . I may never use it but would like to be able to find the
> information if need be. I guess I need a repository for disparate
> information (how's that for fuzzy). I hope this makes some sense.

Gary,

  For this sort of stuff, I used to run my own (private, locked-down)
MediaWiki installation. This had the advantage of allowing me to reference
my notes wherever I was. I let it lapse a little over a year ago and have
just been using text files in a folder, but I plan to move back to MediaWiki
soon.

  I was also doing my calendaring, etc through MediaWiki (there's a nifty
calendar widget for it), although now that I've got an android smartphone
I'm just using Google Calendar for that stuff.

  Cheers,
    Tyler