Re: Trinity KDE 3.5.11 was Re: How to use two displaies

On Wed, 2010-08-04 at 20:02 +0100, Lisi wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 August 2010 18:47:04 John A. Sullivan III wrote:

> > > I see that .debs for Debian are well on the way, but have been held up by
> > > the massive blowout at Pearson Computing. :-(
> > >
> > > Lisi
> >
> > Indeed - I am experimenting with Trinity on Lenny as a Debian repository
> > and full replacement for KDE3.  It is mostly working well.  Kontact is
> > largely fixed and 95% working with Zimbra.  There are a few glitches
> > that I suspect will be quickly remedied as soon as Pearson Computing's
> > build farm comes back on line but I think we will have a Debian KDE3
> > option relatively soon - John
>
> Am I allowed to say yippee? \o/ \o/  :-))
>
> I wish I could be of some use in this.  As it is, all I can do is cheer on
> those of you who are doing the work!
>
> If I am wrong, and there _is_ something I could do, please say. :-)
>
> Lisi

You certainly can :-))

Regarding how to help - that would be a good question to ask Tim Pearson
(http://trinity.pearsoncomputing.net/).  I'm sure he could use any
financial help no matter how small to pay for the extensive damage they
sustained.  I'm also pretty certain they can use help testing the Debian
repository to work out any quirks in the port from Ubuntu.  And, of
course, keep spreading the word - John

PS - if anyone know why beagle would provoke a d-buss not accessible
error (cannot run with parameter --icon when session dbus is not
available), that would help as it is one of the small remaining items on
the punch list - John