Re: how to dual boot debian with redhat?

You can also, if you have them partitioned separately, share filesystems. I used to do that back in the day, with Slackware 2.x and RH 3.0.3. It's just a matter of mounting the appropriate filesystem to the mount point.

You could probably still do the same with if you are using lvm, as long as you don't get a namespace collision, e.g. both systems don't use vg00 for the volume group name.

That said, as an earlier poster said, if you have the resources, use a virtual machine.

--b