[debian-user] Cleanning up mixture of debian-multimedia packages and official ones...

Hi,

I use debian unstable, and as such I never worried much about
/etc/apt/preferences (well /etc/apt/preferences.d/* are not recognized
by aptitude as of now), so I always had a misxture of official debian
packages, the ones coming from debian-multimedia, and debian
unofficial ones.

Yesterday, after an upgrade, it happened that the official debian
mplayer got installed, after years it has never made it through, :-)

Problem is that mplayer got really broken.  I purged it (with some
dependencies) and installed back the debian-multimedia, and although I
don't get any longer the weird message about some wrong libraries, now
mplayer always get stuck repeating the same frame over and over...

My first gues was looking at every dependency explicitely indicated by
mplayer and mencoder (this one also got replaced), and see if their
installed versions were all debian-multimedia, and except by
libdvdcss2, which got upgraded from debian-unofficial, all which had 2
sources came from debian-multimedia).

So I wrote the following:

% cat /etc/apt/preferences
Package: *
Pin: origin www.debian-multimedia.org
Pin-Priority: 900

Package: *
Pin: origin unofficial.debian-maintainers.org
Pin-Priority: 800

Package: *
Pin: origin debian.osuosl.org/debian
Pin-Priority: 700

Package: *
Pin: origin deb.grml.org
Pin-Priority: 600

Which it alone didn't change the versions from official to
debian-multimedia, I had to manually purge mplayer and mencoder...

Question is how do I detect through an aptitude command line which
packages currently have 2 sources, and from which source it's
installed?

Also, on these days, given that debian-unofficial provides
mplayer-codecs, which I suppose are similar to w64codecs
debian-multimedia provides, is there a difference still between
debian-multimedia mplayer and the official one, plus perhaps
debian-unofficial (I remember before there were things the official
packages couldn't support/include)?  Debian-multimedia still provides
several things not found in the official debian packages, but perhaps
at least mplayer related, there's no need to use the debian-multimedia
ones any longer...

Thanks,

--
Javier.