Re: how can a non-root user mount .iso file?

On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 07:25, Guo Jiahua <gjhdgm@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wander if it's possible for a non-root user to get access into a .iso
> file.
>
> I know if I'm root, I can mount iso. but when I try to mount it, as I'm
> not root, 'mount' sais "mount: only root can do that".

If you need to repeatedly mount a specific iso, you can use /etc/fstab:
/home/user/data.iso     /mnt/   iso9660  ro,loop,user,noauto   0        0

and then this line so you can umount it:
/dev/loop0          /mnt            iso9600 ro,loop,user,noauto     0        0

or you can actually use a generic name like "data.iso" and make that
a symlink any given iso file you might need to mount