Re: How can I emulate Debian for PowerPC on Intel processor?

Christian Simo wrote:

> I currently virtualize with vmware,
> Please how can I run Debian for PPC on Intel or How can I emulate Intel to
> support PPC OS

and then,
I got two Unix OS: Debian for PPC and AIX IBM for PPC.

My computer CPU is a Intel with Host OS Windows XP.

So, I don't know how to emulate this CPU to run these OS.

This may be a silly question, but WHY are you trying to do this? AIX only runs on PPC (unless you're running AIX v1 or v2) but Debian certainly runs on Intel. It might be simpler to build a new VM based on Debian for Intel - it would certainly perform a lot better than emulating a PPC.

Now, if you were asking about emulating PPC so you could run AIX under VMware, you might start by looking here:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/pa-emulation.html?ca=dgr-lnxw07EmulatePow

Miles Fidelman