Testing: Weekly Build - 7/26/2010

Greetings folks,

I downloaded the above DVD (i386) and installed it to my HP / Compaq
nx6325 laptop.

Outstanding install!!! I installed with just the one DVD. I tried to
bring up the Broadcom wireless but that didn't work (saw in dmesg that
b43-phy drivers were not installed).

Not to worry I thought to myself, once the install completed I would
just plug in the cat5 and grab the "firmware-b43-installer" and that
pulled in "b43-fwcutter".

Remembering that I read somewhere that in Squeeze and above, fwcutter
would no longer prompt to get the drivers (now does it silently).

Ran dmesg again and saw that b43 was disabled (again remembering that
my cat5 was still plugged in). Removed the cat5 and added my AP to
Network Manager and bingo - Up and running.

This was an outstanding install without any issues. If this is shades
of what 6.0 will be like, I can't wait.

Then again, I m running Sid on my desktop (and that has presented no
issues thus far). Sid has been unbelievably stable for me. I do
anticipate moving from Squeeze (7/26/2010) to Sid this weekend on the
above laptop.

Just wanted to send gratitude and praises to all that are working on
this.

--
Best regards,

Chris