Re: Keyboard text - how get basic encoding? Not US-Intl? "%20" not space. Where change after install? KUbuntu ; jor Debian

Dne, 29. 07. 2010 23:24:19 je giovanni_re napisal(a):
KUbuntu 10.4 on ~2004 Compaq laptop, using "alternate" installer cd. In

recently, on the above mentioned laptop, I wasn't able,
with several different install attempts, to get just the regular simple
(ASCII?) text encoding setup.

The first thing I'd do, I'd rule out the possibility of your laptop's keyboard dying, by firing up a live distro CD or two and pressing various keys to see their output. Other than that, the recent versions of Ubuntu have been jumping through hoops to shorten boot time. They achieved excellent speeds (at least judging from their lightning-fast "live" CDs), but some hardware recognition routines just *might* have gotten borked in the process ...

--
Regards,

Klistvud
Certifiable Loonix User #481801