Re: Intel Atom N450 & Kernel Config Options re: SMP

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 5:46 AM, Stan Hoeppner <stan@hardwarefreak.com> wrote:
> Arthur Machlas put forth on 7/28/2010 11:14 PM:
> In "make menuconfig":
> <snip>
> These last two are probably the reason for the "unknown", especially given
> you're running 2.6.34 which has all the CPU models currently on the market.

Probably just a problem with linuxinfo, which I'd never heard of
before, but installed when cpuinfo was not found and aptitude
suggested linuxinfo provided it. In any event, cat /proc/cpuinfo shows
all the right information.

You can't.. or rather, I can't select SMT support without first
checking SMP support.

> In "Power management and ACPI options"
> <snip>
> You'll have to figure out all the other menu config settings on your own, as
> most of us kernel monkeys have. ;)  These are simply the ones that directly
> relate to your questions.
>
> Hope this helped get you closer.

Somewhat. All those were pretty much done already. Greg KM's Kernel In
A Nutshell book is quite comprehensive and let me build an initrd-less
kernel in one try. Things are running nicely, but the problem I hoped
to resolve hasn't been. Namely, the lowest frequency my cpu can reach
is 1Ghz... instead of the 800Mhz that it reaches on windows and in the
spec sheets.

Advice on how to proceed from here is greatly appreciated.

Best,
AM