Re: find+grep [was: Re: Amaya W3C Web browser and sid]

On 7/29/10 11:51 AM, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
On Thursday 29 July 2010 11:31:05 Jordan Metzmeier wrote:
On 07/29/2010 12:22 PM, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
I understand your issues with all but the last one.  A user may need
to "sudo su" due to configuration outside of their control.  A system
that requires you to "sudo su" for some task is likely misconfigured,
but it is a useful tool to have around, as a user.

The rest are less useful, and generally imply a limited, incomplete,
or flawed understanding of one or more of the tools you are using.

I no longer configure my machines in a way that it allows a user to gain
full root via sudo. However, when I did, I found "sudo -i" to be more
appropriate than "sudo su" which seems to be more like "su -l". Of
course, you could always do "sudo su -l".

See my reply to Eduardo.  In short, having (sudo su) available does not mean
that (sudo -i) will work.

I miss the logic here, as the logic is flawed. If you have the ability to sudo su, you certainly have the ability to sudo -i otherwise you would do "sudo su /u/" would you not?