Re: Assigning to new NICs the previous interface names.

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 01:20:46 +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:

> How I can make best way the following:
>
> having 2 NICs in an OS (called eth0 and eth1, having iptables rules set
> accordingly) and exchanging one or two of them with (an)other(s) NIC(s),
> to make it be again (called eth0 and eth1, having iptables rules set
> accordingly) automatically.

(...)

Just guessing, but... how about changing/adjusting their udev names
matching their MAC address?

/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules

Once/if that file gets modified, take care for the rest of the involved
files (/etc/networking/interfaces) are pointing to the right devices.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón