Assigning to new NICs the previous interface names.

Good day.

How I can make best way the following:

having 2 NICs in an OS (called eth0 and eth1, having iptables rules
set accordingly) and exchanging one or two of them with (an)other(s)
NIC(s), to make it be again (called eth0 and eth1, having iptables rules
set accordingly) automatically.

?

For now I have to clear up udev rules net file so that it will be
filled w/ eth0 and 1 instead of 2 and 3.
Then I have to review which one is set for one network, and
another - for another network - according to interfaces file.

Thank You for Your time.