Re: COM-port (RS-232) problems

26.07.2010 12:11, Camaleón пишет:
On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 11:44:00 +0300, Max Usachev wrote:

I have a problem with UPS FSP EP650 with COM-port and Debian. The device
is workable (I have tested it under Windows), but under Linux it doesn't
works.
(...)

Most likely a problem coming from:

1/ NUT has wrong permissions to access serial port
Permissions is Ok, couse I get errors when comment user = root.
2/ NUT device driver is wrong

(...)

I use NUT for my ups with following ups.conf: user = root

[fsp]
     driver = apcsmart
                ^^^^^^^^

Are you sure this driver is the correct one for your UPS? :-?
I hope, but apcupsd also doesn't work correct:

2010-07-26 17:00:31 apctest 3.14.8 (16 January 2010) debian
Checking configuration ...
Attached to driver: apcsmart
sharenet.type = DISABLE
cable.type = CUSTOM_SMART

You are using a SMART cable type, so I'm entering SMART test mode
mode.type = APCSMART_UPS
Setting up the port ...
apctest FATAL ERROR in smartsetup.c at line 184
PANIC! Cannot communicate with UPS via serial port.
Please make sure the port specified on the DEVICE directive is correct,
and that your cable specification on the UPSCABLE directive is correct.
apctest error termination completed

I think, it is general Kernel + COM-port problem

     port = /dev/ttyS0

nas:~# upsdrvctl start
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.4.3 Network UPS Tools - APC
Smart protocol driver 2.03 (2.4.3) APC command table version 2.1
Unable to detect an APC Smart protocol UPS on port /dev/ttyS0 Check the
cabling, port name or model name and try again Driver failed to start
(exit status=1)
Additional data for your review:

***
[Nut-upsuser] FSP UPS not listed as supported, but seems to work... at
least a little...
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2010-April/006023.html
***
They use UPS with USB port.