Re: A "magical" HDD formatting question.

Thank You for Your time and answer, Tom:

> I'm sorry that something went wrong for you but I have used this
> procedure a few times without a hitch (over a dozen times if I include
> tests). In the same way that I forgot to add an fstab edit line to
> this procedure above, I have forgotten to edit fstab a few of those
> times also without any problems because an ext4 filesystem can be
> mounted as an ext2 filesystem.

Please, don't worry. I saw how good the FS was working (under a live
ubuntu CD) after the steps You said me to do - main problem is my
little knowledge on the kernel, init at boot time working - I still has
no clue - WHY the partition was not mounted. I saw on internet that
people were reporting about success w/ mount version even less than was
mine... It is kind of things when You are sure about something, but
then it suddenly fails and You: first greatly amazed, secondly just do
not know what to think or do.