Re: `Open with ...' -> Use command too

On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 12:11:53 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> Camaleón wrote:

>> Are you saying that when you select "Open with..." and choose an
>> application the file gets downloaded to "/tmp" and does not get opened?
>>
> No, it gets opened, but this is actually also a `file saving.'
> (Everybody knows it, but, strictly speaking, `Open' is error-prone.)

Okay then.

(...)

>> You can browse the full filesystem (from "/" to lower paths). I have no
>> problem with that.
>>
> Yes, but this is really really tedious as compared to an input box!

I agree. It should be desirable to have such "auto-binary-search" option.

But I dunno who to "blame" here (GNOME file browser could indeed add that
option but it will require a UI redesign -it is already there, but in
other place, not in file browser UI-, and Firefox/Iceweasel could also
improve the current status of the" Open with" window manager...).

Mmm... hard choice. Let's blame both :-P

(just kidding)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón