Re: udev not assigning group correctly for scanner

On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 11:36:25 +0000
Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir@cohens.org.il> wrote:

> 1. Have you reloaded udev rules after your changes?
>
>   udevadm control --reload-rules

that was one mistake I was making so I did

/etc/init.d/udev restart

> On Lenny:
>
>   udevadm control --reload_rules
>
> 2. udevmonitor (udevadm monitor) can help you see what you actually
> get with the events. Use the option --env.

yes ! I figured this out.  in fact I've been spending quality time with
udevadm.

> Are there any other rules that apply?

what I was really asking was "where do I put MY rules to make sure that
you dev tries to match them first.  The answer I came up with was to
put a file "10-local.rules" in /etc/udev/rules.d.

This works just fine and now everything works as expected.

Brian