Re: No sound from Flash, but other methods work well

On 07/17/2010 04:09 PM, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:
Hi,

My Google-fu must not be up to snuff, because I've Googled much
without any luck.

USB Audio
32-bit Sid
ALSA 1.0.23+dfsg-1
Flash 10.1r53 (from adobe.com)
Iceweasel 3.6.4-1 (experimental)
vlc 1.1.0
users are in group audio

Sound plays fine from local sources but not from Flash/Iceweasel.
(Yes, Flash *video* works.)

Any thoughts on how to solve this would be much appreciated, since
otherwise my wife will insist on moving back to Windows.

Ron I've had that problem a couple times before, what I found was one of
my channels was "not" selected in the volume control in Kmix.

That's kinda where my thoughts have been leaning, since USB Audio only have Bass, Treble and PCM in it's mixer. But I don't know what to do about it.

--
Seek truth from facts.