Re: simple way to securely destroy deleted files in a file system

On 16/07/10 01:42 PM, Michael Iatrou wrote:

This is rather a philosophical question than a technical one: it is part of
UNIX mentality to have simple tools that can be put together to complete
complicated tasks. Practically seen, if the original poster was educated
with the principles of UNIX design, he wouldn't try to find a specialized
tool to perform a simple task.

he he .. no, I am not formally educated in Unix design principles. But you appear to be. Could you give any insights on the proposal I posted in my first post? Is it suitable? Is it not simple enough with Unix tools? Is there something simpler? While, of course, keeping the aforementioned constraints in mind.

ever having been read.