[SOLVED] Re: iceowl (lightning) extension and calendar data migration problem on amd64
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [SOLVED] Re: iceowl (lightning) extension and calendar data migration problem on amd64
- From: "H.S." <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 13:20:39 -0400
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 14/07/10 10:50 PM, H.S. wrote:
On 14/07/10 06:24 PM, Camaleón wrote:
On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 17:56:28 -0400, H.S. wrote:
However, the calendar extension in my icedove (on amd64 installation)
does not entertain those files, as if it is not reading it. Have I done
this correctly? How do I make sure what problem icedove is having with
that calendar data?
Where did you drop that file ("storage.sdb")?
I've got a "cache.sqlite" under "~/.mozilla-thunderbird/fc6wy10t.default/
calendar-data" in lenny.
My is here:
Anyway, you can always load the old calendar and export the data (full
calendar(s) can be exported as single ".ics" file(s) that you can then
import into the new one).
If all else fails, I will try that (grub-pc is behaving in a faulty
manner while detecting my other OSes and writing unbootable stanzas for
Got grub working and booted in my older OS. Exported the calendars to
ics files and rebooted in to the new OS.
Well, the new OS actually had deeper problems with the iceowl extension.
The calendar was not responding to any menu evens: could not add events,
could not import calendars, ... could not do anything actually. From
past experience, I suspected incompatibility between extensions of the
two thunderbird/icedove installations.
Well, I actually copied over the thunderbird profile form my older
Debian installation (same releaes, Testing, same versions of packages,
etc.) but missed one small detail. In the older version, I had lightning
addon installed, probably manually, but in the newer OS I had
iceowl-extension installed. So I did the following (as best as I can
remember and check from my bash history):
1. Shut down icedove and removed iceowl extension from the system.
2. Removed lightning extension folder: ~/<icedove profile
3. did a "grep -r lightning ~/.icedove" and removed a line with
lightning in it from prefs.js from the profile. The line was:
4. Also removed all XML lines with "calendar" from file extensions.rdf
from the profile.
5. Installed the iceowl extension.
6. Started icedove and and saw that the calendar was working.
7. Then I just imported the ics files I had exported from the older
icedove installation (make sure you have the relevant calendars already
present/created before importing).
Please reply to this list only. I read this list on its corresponding
newsgroup on gmane.org. Replies sent to my email address are just
filtered to a folder in my mailbox and get periodically deleted without
ever having been read.